Keeping safe on the internet
The internet is a fantastic resource where we can find out all kinds of information and communicate with people. There are a few things we should do to keep ourselves safe whilst on the internet.
- Don't give out personal information, such as full name, address.
- Don't assume that the person you are talking to is a friend if you have never met them in real life.
- Only write things that you are happy for your mum and dad to read.
- Keep your password a secret from others (except for your trusted adult e.g. parent)
- When you are on the internet, a gaming device or on your phone, if you see something or get a message that upsets you or you don't think is appropriate, tell a trusted adult straight away.
- Remember that nothing is private once it has been shared with someone, so think twice before sending a message or a photo - someone might take a screenshot and share it with other people
Here's the link to our school's Twitter: