Keeping safe on the internet
The internet is a fantastic resource where we can find out all kinds of information and communicate with people on the other side of the world. There are a few things we should do to keep ourselves safe whilst on the internet.
- don't give out personal information, such as full name, address,
- don't assume that the person you are talking to is a friend if you have never met them in real life
- only write things that you are happy for your mum and dad to read
- keep your passwork a secret from your friends, brothers and sisters
- when you are on the internet, a gaming device or on your phone, if you see something or get a message that upsets you or you don't think is appropriate, tell a trusted adult straight away
- remember that nothing is private once it has been shared with someone, so think twice before sending a message or a photo - someone might take a screenshot and share it with other people