Welcome to Class 45T
Homework this week:
English: 1) Practice spellings on spelling shed
2) What can you remember from our first two chapters of The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane? Don't worry if you can't, just do your best :)
Maths: 1) Practice times tables on Times Table Rockstars
2) Complete the small maths task - there is a guide to remind you what to do. Some children may have an extra challenge task too.
Remember - homework is to help you so don't get worried about it, just have a go :)
Hey - welcome back to school. We've missed you.
We have already had a tremendous start to the year with some great writing and artwork. The children are working so hard at grammar (word classes) and are already experts on commas!
Our class newsletter is attached below which is full of useful information. However, here are some key points:
1. Your class teacher is Mrs Tutty. Mrs Hilton will also teach in class to cover Mrs Tutty on a Wednesday morning, once a fortnight for PE and once a term on a Tuesday. Mrs Hilton will teach topic lessons.
2. Your class TAs are Mr Smeaton (morning) and Mrs Goodyear (afternoon).
3. PE is on a Monday. The children should come into school already changed into their PE kits.
4. Homework will be sent home on a Friday and collected in on a Wednesday. Logins for Spelling Shed and Times Table Rock Stars will be in homework books.
5. Our class book this term is The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane.
6. Our maths focus this half term is place value.
7. Children are provided with everything they need in school but can bring in a water bottle and some tissues.
I am so excited to have such a wonderful class this year. Let's be happy :)